name-attack from a banned hacker?

• Hi.
    I am an admin on Team Kanakkas and I went to ggc to check a player and I saw a german flag next to my name which I thought was strange since I'm in Sweden.
    I clicked the name and saw that it has a ban, and when I check the GUID I see that it belongs to a player that we just banned an hour ago: l|ReLoAd|iNg|l

I have no idea if or how he has managed to do this to the name "[TK] prince65"

My player name is prince65 and when I make a search for this I see that I don't have a ban.

I don't understand this at all.

I have been in contact with another admin at TK and he says the same is the case with his name, when using the tag TK in front of his player name.
    Maybe he made a new account just to do this?

If someone else sees this and think it is me they will think I'm a multi-hacker, when in fact it is a player that is angry at us admins.
    What to do?

• Hello GGC, i dont made new topic and wrote here message that i try send u to ban appeal menu

========================================================================
    Hello ggc team.
    Im second admin at [TK] server (teamkanakkas.com) server streaming by ggc.
    Today at our server comes cheater with nick l|ReLoAd|iNg|l
    He banned by ggc
    http://www.ggc-stream.com/sear…778c6744c00ed8f442fc75fa9

Im ban him, but he change guid and come back. Im ban him again
    http://savepic.ru/3545321.jpg

After it, one our admin and me was hacked.
    My account
    [RUS]TiRex is clear
    i always play only from 1 guid
    But, after we ban him, my acoount [TK][RUS]TiRex now have another guid with nicknames l|ReLoAd|iNg|l and it guid is banned. Im NEVER use 2 account
    http://savepic.ru/3558637.jpg

+ our another admin Prince65 also have same second guid as me.
    If in search type Prince65 or [RUS]TiRex - it be clear, but if type [TK]Prince65 or [TK][RUS]TiRex - we have SAME second banned guid.
    How it can happens? Not im not he never use any cheats.
    Can u please clear that case?

Prince65 will wrote to u too today.

P.S. I try write ban appeal but it says –>
    http://savepic.ru/3539181.jpg
    P.P.S. As proof we can show to you all our messages inside TK forum.
    Here is topic about ban that man
    http://teamkanakkas.com/forum/…21396-lreloadingl-permban

• GGC bans GUID's - not accounts. His GUID is banned, not yours. So there is nothing to appeal. Your alias shows up in his GUID history because you've been a victim of a name hack. The nickname search is very specific and doesn't understand tags. The tag plus the BF2 account = the nickname. It shows up when you search with the tag because he used that tag when he did the name hack. If he had done the name hack without the tag, it'd show up when you searched for your player name only. It sucks, but there's not much you can do in this case. I doubt GGC will remove the alias history. Any decent admin would see that this is not you and not punish you for it.

• Yes, i understand this. But can ggc clear my and Prince both accounts - with tag and without it.
    Becose some one can search our nicks with tags and will think that we use cheats.

• This information - better: data - is not wrong at all.

As for prince I can confirm that this is the result of name spoofing which is still possible in BF2.

Same goes for your account.

Also note:

Quote from pipes1;100548

it is the policy of any AC organization to not alter there database information, the information will stay and they wont edit it for any reason

Retired GGC Head Admin
    * 2009 - 2014 *

A friend is someone who knows and understands your past, accepts you the way you are, and believes in your future.

• That you mean "is not wrong at all"? We talk only about 2 names, not about all.
    GGC ppl, why u cant clear our accounts? So, some cheater CAN add to us some guid, and you CANT delete it? Thats just funny. Did u understand, that ppl will just stop trust to your service after this all?
    Head admin says that was name was hack, so why didnt delete it? Or i didnt understand something?

And about "it is the policy of any AC organization to not alter there database information, the information will stay and they wont edit it for any reason" - im agree, if database was upgraded BY YOU, not by some cheater. So if another man will hack 1000 accounts and make them hackers and cheaters - u will answer "its ok, we cant delete that"??????
    omg

btw, we BAN at our server players if they have at last ONE banned guid in names...understand u that it mean??? NOW CAN BE that we ban some one who NOT a cheater....

• I don't think it is fair like this. We are good admins and we try to keep the server "clean" from cheaters, now we're punished for this. It doesn't make sence.
    We banned him because he was multihacker, but it is like he has won.

Now if I go to another server, I will risk being banned because of what he did to my name. Tirex and I now have to explain to everyone, everytime someone makes a search for our names, and still we risk that people will not believe us.

[QUOTE][btw, we BAN at our server players if they have at last ONE banned guid in names...understand u that it mean??? NOW CAN BE that we ban some one who NOT a cheater..../QUOTE]
    exactly!!

Also If this multihacker reads this post here he is laughing at us. He has won big time!!

• This is not fair for my admins. I´m in charge of the clan Team Kanakkas. We are running a very strict policy against cheating, and my admins are using a LOT OF TIME on checking players; screenshots, ggc and watching demos. We do not even accept any admins with any record at GGC...

There must be a way to fix this.

• Quote from rustirex;100573

GGC ppl, why u cant clear our accounts? So, some cheater CAN add to us some guid, and you CANT delete it? Thats just funny. Did u understand, that ppl will just stop trust to your service after this all?

How so? Just because people don't understand how the system works and how they should do research?

Name hacks have been around in BF2 for ages and every admin kinwoing not only searches for names but also compares the IP ranges of the GUIDs which were banned.

Quote from rustirex;100573

Head admin says that was name was hack, so why didnt delete it? Or i didnt understand something?

Because of what was already quoted above in my first post.

And about "it is the policy of any AC organization to not alter there database information, the information will stay and they wont edit it for any reason" - im agree, if database was upgraded BY YOU, not by some cheater. So if another man will hack 1000 accounts and make them hackers and cheaters - u will answer "its ok, we cant delete that"??????

Despite the fact that I haven't seen anyone hacking 1000 names - yes.

If somebody got hacked and his clan or he or someone else wants clarification whether this was a name hack or not he/she might feel free to contact us and we then can check that.

In fact this has happened a few times already and while people who were the victim of name spoofing were not happy about that it wasn't that much of a problem for any of them.

As you might imagine, several GGC admins already were the victim of name spoofing. Take it as an honor that someone really does not like you, those with experience will differ between a normal and a spoofed account within minutes.

If the majority of all the admins would start to care a little more about searching for backgrounds and gaining knowledge then there would not be situations like prince65 described in his post.

btw, we BAN at our server players if they have at last ONE banned guid in names...understand u that it mean??? NOW CAN BE that we ban some one who NOT a cheater....

And did you ever compare the IP ranges or check for further information about these players? I assume not but I hope so.

Retired GGC Head Admin
    * 2009 - 2014 *

A friend is someone who knows and understands your past, accepts you the way you are, and believes in your future.

• U funny ggc team...
    Some time ago guys from pbbans com says bad word about ggc, im didnt trust them..but now i did. Shame. Just shame.

"Take it as an honor that someone really does not like you" u seriously say that? This is answer a kid, not a support man.
    "And did you ever compare the IP ranges or check for further information about these players? I assume not but I hope so." if u add red guid to some nick, its mean that u have PROOF, am i right? Why we must AGAIN do that job and check??? We trust to ggc service before this time.

Can i talk with [email protected]? Or with another admin?

• freak is a respected admin on here and to dishonor him like your doing is not right as for what freak said,

its up to the Server Owners/ leaders to do the research on players, if you feel that you shouldn't have to well then your just lazy, im on here alot and i do research on every player that joins my server, i check stats, known cheat sites for similar usernames, profiles, history, look for linked accounts and check them too. its just a responsibility of an admin on a server. now i might not be all up on the battlefield 2 stuff but its all still the same idea. it comes down to the SO and admins responsibility to check things and not the AC organizations, the history tools are exactly that a tool. and asking [email protected] to help you in hope he might go over freak and change the tool i dout it. i dont know him but i think with making freak a HEAD ADMIN is proof that he trust him enough to run this site and try and help people. freak is right in what he says, are they always on the right path no but hes still a great admin here.

im not saying that the player hacked or is cheating but have you really asked your self, could the link be true and could he really have cheated? again not saying he did but i have found out in previous clans/groups i was in that we did have some people that after i left found out that the linked account where indeed there's. now there story was they used the account to test the cheats and see what they do,

just keep an open mind and don't attack respected site admins

• "could the link be true and could he really have cheated" - its about me? So, maybe lets add to all players banned guid..MAYBE they cheat??? omfg.
    I play since 2007 only with ONE guid and ONE IP. All nicks, that i use for this time - all on that guid.
    Did u think if i try cheat i use them on THAT account?
    And, btw, ggc can check what IP was used by players with banned GUID. + SAME ip added to Prince. We live in different countries, met in TK clan. How we BOTH can use SAME banned guid?
    So, all ur words about "could the link be true and could he really have cheated" - words a not grown man.
    If i was use cheat did u really think that i + Prince+our clan leader come here and start topic?
    I hate then some one tell about me something like this.

"just keep an open mind" - good words. For GGC.
    Now i understand, that mean urs "more then simple ban"

P.S. That about[B] Freakzter06[/B] - i say about his words, not about him personally. I bad know english, so maybe i type wrong that i want to say. But gist u understand i think. And another - lazy? Lazy is then ppl didnt solve problem, then get all proofs.

Some time ago guys from pbbans com says bad word about ggc, im didnt trust them..but now i did. Shame. Just shame.

PBBans has the same policy. Go ask them. By the way, I followed that issue in it's entirety and PBbans got upset because GGC simply outlined the options available to a streaming admin. It's unfortunate that happened, but I blame PBBans much more than GGC. In the end they are trying to accomplish the same goal, but PBBans decided to pull out of the partnership to the benefit of the cheaters. Which is an extreme shame in the case of BF2 because PBBans does not bother to check BF2 demos. PBbans does have a superior history check as GGC is limited due to German privacy laws. If you do an alias search on PBbans, they would have matched your account just as GGC did if it was streaming to them at the time.

And did you ever compare the IP ranges or check for further information about these players? I assume not but I hope so." if u add red guid to some nick, its mean that u have PROOF, am i right? Why we must AGAIN do that job and check??? We trust to ggc service before this time.

This statement is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. I wish half the time that streaming admins spend on checking screenshots and demos were spent on how to properly read the history tools at their disposal. It would result in a lot less innocent players banned.

I understand your frustration, but you're taking it out on the wrong guys here.

• Quote from pipes1;100623

really cuz i dont see you registered at pbbans,

Apart from that there is no post about this GUID and also not about this player name anywhere in the forums there.

Retired GGC Head Admin
    * 2009 - 2014 *