CONSOLE COMMANDS & LOGGING OF OWN PB-GUID PURPOSE OWN USE

The Arrangements

To get your own PB-GUID, you must consider the following things:

• The PunkBuster must be enabled on the server
    • The PunkBuster must be enabled by the client
    • The Console must be enabled on the server
    • The Console must, if available, be enabled by the client

The Ingame Console

You've checked the list above? Then you can start.
    You are on a server, then open the console with:

^

Now use the Backspace key (<-) to get a "clean" console line.

The PB Logging

We want to make sure, that the 32digits PB-GUID is correct and there are no slips, for example, entering the GUID in the games leagues.
    Something like that can not happen, if you are logging the PB via file.

The Commands

Enter the following commands, please note the exact sequence, to get your own PB-GUID with a logged written file:

/pb_logtofile 1
    /pb_myguid
    /pb_logtofile 0

The PunkBuster Client Logfile

An example output matrix of the logged file, called pbcl.log, certainly find in the own pb folder. You can open it with an editor like Wordpad.

pbcl.log:

[04.25.2009 09:52:53] pb_LogToFile = 1 (0=No, 1=Yes)
    [04.25.2009 09:53:06] GUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Behind "GUID=" is your own PB-GUID. If required, you can copy it at any time. If you don't want it, you can delete the pbcl.log in pb folder.

The PB Logging Without An Ingame Console

You have to create a config file (pbcl.cfg) with a text editor and copy it to the pb folder with the following content:

pb_logtofile 1

If the file extensions are not displayed, they must be in the Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> "Extensions for known file types" box must be unchecked, so that one of pbcl.txt - can change and save to pbcl.cfg.

The file must be inside the correct pb folder (Windows Search, Explorer):

<?>:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\<Game>\pb\

%LOCALAPPDATA%\PunkBuster\

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\PunkBuster\

After that, i would recommend to delete pbcl.cfg, because it records all pb activities all the time.