Banned for using defunct hack tool

• I am concerned about the number of bans related to this hack tool: VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) 9002 Project 1.0.dll.

The hack no longer functions, because it is incompatible with current Battlefield 2 versions. To me, it doesn't seem fair that people can acquire a permanent ban just for having this file in their BF2 folder. Regardless of the fact that it is hacking software, it is impossible to hack with it.

The penalty for possessing incompatible software cannot be justified. I'm not suggesting any of those bans should be lifted, either. Unless there are records of BF2 version numbers tied along with the MD5 detection record.

I believe an investigation into this issue is due, it is unlikely that any ban instigators stay up to date with hack compatibilities.

• The hack no longer functions, because it is incompatible with current Battlefield 2 versions. To me, it doesn't seem fair that people can acquire a permanent ban just for having this file in their BF2 folder.

Not only the use of cheats can acquire a ban, it is also forbidden to download cheats. PunkBuster tries also to detect all cheats on a PC and not only if you are using them. They know where cheats are stored normally. The MD5 tool is a great function to detect cheats, and it does not matter if they work or not. A cheat is a cheat. To me, it seems to be fair if all players who have cheats on their PC are banned.

--> Warning! NEVER download or test cheats!

Regards,
    Manic97

• I am concerned about the number of bans related to this hack tool: VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) 9002.

The hack no longer functions, because it is incompatible with current Battlefield 2 versions.

It appears that you misunderstand what the MD5Tool violation actually is.
    It is not a tool looking for one specific cheat for BF2, it IS looking for hundreds of cheat files for every PB enabled game that we (GGC) support.

So if you see someone with a MD5Tool violation on them, then they're banned due to one or more cheats being found on their computer via the scan of hundreds of different cheat files.

The violation 'MD5Tool 9002' just serves to give the user notice that they have been banned due to a scan of their computer with the MD5Tool feature.