Violation (GAMEHACK) #83016

• Hello everyone from GGC, just opening this thread because something is having me suspicious.

So a friend of mine got ggc banned (Violation (GAMEHACK) #83016, reportedly triggered by evenbalance). Looked at it, told him how to appeal to GGC/EvenBalance, etc.

But the dude is a total potato with his PC, so having him trigger a GAMEHACK (game modification or use of custom GPU driver, correct me if I'm wrong) seems odd.

So I took a look at GGC's latest ban and 50 out of 80 were triggered by the same Violation (GAMEHACK) #83016.

That's 62% of identical violation in a few days, so I'm wondering if EvenBalance is having some issue/false positive due to some Nvidia GPU driver update or other, or is it just that those ban waves are common.

If someone may enlighten me with that, that could be helpful.

Thx

• Even Balance collects information about new hacks and cheats about a period of time ( if you ban a player with a new hack to fast, it will cause the programmer to change the code fast) so they can issue a huge ban wave without the cheat developer even knowing that the hack was detected.

If this was a false positive ban Even Balance will let you know.

• I see, thank you for the answer.

Do you have by any chance some info about the GAMEHACK #83016 violation? These violations code are pretty obscure (for security reasons I suppose), and it makes it hard to know what caused the ban (if it's false positive).

Just to be sure : Gamehack = Game file modification/use of custom driver ?

My biggest concern is that if it's a false positive, my friend will get another ea account and potentially get EB banned for very same reason without knowing what causes it

Feel free to close thread after that, don't think I have other questions.

• I got banned by this as well

I never run any hacks or anything, yet got banned by this

I suspect that there is something that punkbuster detects as game hack maybe with latest Nvidia driver because this happened when I just had updated nvidia driver for playing battlefield V beta

Anyway I have made ticket here as well as evenbalance to get it resolved, evenbalance I actually opened two tickets, first one several days ago but no answer so not holding my breath, but kind of surprised that there is no easier way to get reviewed or something

Does this mean that I need to screen record all my game play for future if there would be happening something like this again to be able to show proof?

I really dont get why it is this way. I have 1700+ hours on battlefield 1 hence my aim is pretty good and did get haxusation on BF4 server when I killed someone once, but I am pretty bad at the game to stay alive most of the time because of the different TTK on BF4 compared to BF1

Anyway enough of ranting, hope there will be a solution

Best,

Kandor

• Code
    1. Hello everyone, I played bf3 and everything was fine. It took about a week, and I went back into the game to play. When the server started to log on, I was kicked out - Violation (GAMEHACK) # 83016.
    2. There were already different kinds of glitches, and I thought that in time everything would be fixed, and I could play again.
    3. But this did not happen, and I wrote in support of ggc-stream.net. Then I wrote 3 letters, starting with
    4. Sep 8, 16:38 Even Balance Support - New Trouble Ticket.
    5. And he did not receive, yet another answer, or an explanation of the reason for the ban.
    6. Prompt, how with it to be?
  • I know that posting this is probably pointless, but I'm screaming inside my skull, and if I don't find some sort of outlet, I think I'm going to end up losing my job, terrifying my wife, and doing something that I can't recover from.

I am a forty year-old Asperger with a passion for gaming, who builds PCs for fun, and builds servers and networks professionally. I have a pathological hatred for cheaters and liars. Being called either of these things unjustly is a huge stress upon me, emotionally and psychologically.

I am going out of my mind with worry since I received a ban last Thursday for "(GAMEHACK) #83016", and I am now denied the pleasure of my favourite game- something that's not just a hobby, but possibly the most substantial reason I can operate normally for a few hours a day, hold down a job and a marriage, and not kill everybody on the bus every morning.

I'm sure cheats protest their innocence too - I've seen enough of them on servers proclaiming their innocence even while teleporting across the map and getting sightless kills with ammo boxes - but I've been going out of my mind, literally. My wife is worried for my mental health, and as I'm currently stuck for twelve+ hours a day at The Savoy in London supporting the network I've installed for an event, all I can do right now is fret and worry, and I'm losing sleep. I've got nothing to do but dwell on this while I wait as patiently as I can for some sort of sense to prevail.

If I did cheat, I'd take my punishment and accept my shame with appropriate grace- I've spited myself and ruined my relationships with people over my inability lie. I nearly lost my best friend when he cheated on his girlfriend and put me in a position where I had to lie to her about it. He's a cage fighter who makes me look like a child when we're sparring, but I promised him that if he tried to force me to lie about his infidelity, I'd cut his balls off and feed them to him. He believed me- despite my bumbling, goofy nature, he's always said that I'm the sort of crazy that he'd want at his side in a fight, and he saw that look in my eye when I spoke. I convinced him to come clean, and his girlfriend left him, but he said that he'd rather lose her trust than my respect.

I don't fear anything - not heights, not bugs, not thugs, not fire nor storm - but I am absolutely terrified that this injustice will besmirch my name and reputation, and that I'll never be able to enjoy playing video games again (especially as I don't know what caused this ban, and I have no way to know whether it'll happen again). I've been warned that EB aren't likely to repeal the ban. The very thought of this is killing me inside.

It's not just the loss of nearly 3,000 hours of sub-par-to-average play (my accuracy is about 10%, and my K/D ratio is about 1), but more significantly the injustice of being called a cheat without any sort of explanation, and having no reasonable recourse.

I have submitted a ticket to EB. It has more than ten notes on it now as I can't stop myself pleading for a response. Of course, if they don't see sense, Ill have to deal being called a cheat AND a liar. I'm genuinely scared of what I might do to myself if that happens.

If you're also innocent, you're not alone- you can't be, as I KNOW I haven't cheated, and this couldn't be more unbearable if I'd been accused of a sex crime.

If you're not innocent and I ever get the chance to meet you......

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von WhiteHawk_UK () aus folgendem Grund: Typographical consistency compulsion...

• Do you have by any chance some info about the GAMEHACK #83016 violation? These violations code are pretty obscure (for security reasons I suppose), and it makes it hard to know what caused the ban (if it's false positive).

i´am sorry, but only the Even Balance staff does know what exactly triggers which kind of violation.

There are plenty of violations like "video driver hack" which is easy to explain but there are many others which we don´t know how to explain.

@WhiteHawk_UK,

please open a ban appeal here ->write banappeal and follow all instructions! (And please don´t hijack other threads).

Greetings,

Striker

• I don't think we need to worry, I believe this hack is something that evenbalance detected because of the new Nvidia driver that was forced on us for trying battlefield V open beta

I think there will be alot more complaints coming in to evenbalance now that the open beta is closed and people will go back to their favourite older games like BF4 and BF3 and notice they are banned

And to the GCC team I think you are doing a great job and we now need to wait for more complaints to come in to evenbalance so they can put everything straight and then you guys can do what you guys can do.

I was very crushed as well first when I never cheated in my life and got to be called a cheater, but now that I have analyzed and I think this is the reason its just question of time before it gets resolved

Best regards,

Kandor

• Sorry, Striker, I don't believe your service is involved in my ban - I got the low-down after being booted from a PBBan server, and I've submitted an appeal with EB, but as this violation number appears to be new, there haven't been a lot of threads about it. It did not occur to me that collating posts about what is obviously a fault with Punkbuster would be frowned-upon, and for that I apologise.

It was not my intention to hi-jack the thread at all, but merely to add my concerns about this particular code to the first truly relevant thread I've seen. I know that it makes little difference when you are essentially powerless to make anything of it, but it's not like there's a forum on Even Balance's site (understandably).

Poor DHGreeny at PBBans has had to put up with me crying for days now. I thought he could do with a break.

My apologies. Once EB repeals my ban (if the world is even remotely sane), I'll check if I'm on your lists and appeal as appropriate- I doubt there'll be much point in doing anything until then, or indeed at all if INjustice prevails (after all, you may only uphold EB's decisions).

I'm just trying to maintain sanity, and sharing my sympathy with anyone else who might be in a similar situation provides me with some small comfort. I'm not particularly 'normal', and I have trouble knowing what's appropriate, but I am intelligent enough to acknowledge it when it's pointed out.

Sorry.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WhiteHawk_UK () aus folgendem Grund: It's not like me to miss an apostrophe. I'm falling apart.

• Hello everyone, I'm starting to get angry. If you allow yourself to have a ban, there must be good reasons and evidence for this.

For a week I did not play bf3, for which I paid money from my pocket.

And he throws me out with the signature Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'foxghostly' (for 1 minute) ... Cheater banned by GGC-Stream.NET. Ban on GUID 1a61426023f47af312eebaf301b96124. Contact GGC-Stream.NET for details. [Admin Decision]. So you figure out I'm a cheater or a hacker (Violation (GAMEHACK) # 83016)

It's not funny, without evidence to blame me for something incomprehensible. In this case, I can describe this as stealing.

I was advised to write on Even Balance (Trouble Ticket), I have already sent 3 applications. And I did not get one answer, so who am I, a hacker or a cheater. Or are you banal thieves who have nothing to say. I do not want to buy a new bf, because you again can act inappropriately and blame without proof in anything.

You say, write to Even Balance (Trouble Ticket), and they in turn do not answer, it's like a round robbery and in this case the ban remains.

To date, this is my opinion of you. In your power, change it or confirm it finally.

• I also got banned because of Gamehack #81660. I never cheated or anything else. Sure i maybe got some reports but these are not for real. Anyway, i did not Update my Nvidia Driver, but i installed the new GeForce experience Yesterday. Than i got an Instant ban. 2 days ago i played normal like almost every day. For me it's not about the game, it's about my Account. I got too many memories with this Account and i almost got this Account since release. I also already Made a trouble Ticket at EB. I hope we all get unbanned.

• This is not even same ban code, so why add it here?

Best,

Kandor

I also got banned because of Gamehack #81660. I never cheated or anything else. Sure i maybe got some reports but these are not for real. Anyway, i did not Update my Nvidia Driver, but i installed the new GeForce experience Yesterday. Than i got an Instant ban. 2 days ago i played normal like almost every day. For me it's not about the game, it's about my Account. I got too many memories with this Account and i almost got this Account since release. I also already Made a trouble Ticket at EB. I hope we all get unbanned.

• I don't think its pointless, but better make a new thread and have the error code in the topic so people actually can search and find it

I mean I am not admin, I am just a frustrated user (Frustrated because Evenbalance does not seem to handle tickets at all) so don't take my word for anything really. Just saying it would make more sense to me at least if it was its own thread

Best,

Kandor

• Yea got answer from Evenbalance today and no they wont do anything about the ban

So I think its important that more people report this issue so they actually start to take responsibility

Just wanted to give update to the matter even if it is not a positive one, I know for a fact I never cheated and I know also that no one else played on my computer ever. Which makes me pretty upset about how its handled. Anyway keep up reporting this issue if you have had it also

Best,

Kandor

• Hello, it's so professional to give a ban person unreasonable, and to take off all responsibility. We'll just steal your account (the time and effort you spent playing) and we do not have anything for it, nothing will happen.

For me, it sounds like this.

This is very sad, Kandor(

• yea super unprofessional

It is making me not want to buy battlefield V even though they don't use Punkbuster, but just does not feel like you have any rights if they deem something and EA has still not answered anything so evenbalance answered something at least

Very annoying

Best,

Kandor